Sunday, February 22, 2015

I HAVE A DREAM


I have a dream. This is the month(February) when north Americans set aside a time to remember black history.  For me, a Jamaican living in Canada, I never really thought much about this prior to living here.  I never thought about Martin Luther King and what he fought for so many years ago.  Today, though, I can almost hear the speech he gave to the hundreds that came out to hear him.  I have a dream that one day….

For him, the dream was never realized.  However, today, his dream is alive.  Today, little white boys and black boys are playing together.  I am sitting right now in a gym where I can see every colour running around together on the same team, playing the same game.  You see my friends, Martin Luther’s dream was bigger than himself.  It was longer than his life span.  It was beyond his resources and his abilities.  I believe that his dream was a God given dream. 

That is the kind of dream that I want to have as well. I want the dream that God has for me.  I remember listening to a speaker and she said the gospel of Jesus Christ is the dream; the news that God has sent His son to live, to die, to rise and to save is the dream that we are living out today.  It is the one that we ought to tell everyone about.  It is the one that is bigger than us and the effects are beyond the earthly realms we can see.  It goes beyond our imaginations and it transforms lives. 

Jacob's son Joseph had a dream that took him from the pit to the palace.  Joseph, husband to Mary, had a dream that caused him to marry a woman that was pregnant, and move from a land he knew to a foreign country to protect a baby that was his saviour.  Paul had a dream. John had a dream.  Peter had a dream.  My question is, do you have a dream? 

I have a dream.  I have a dream that one day my son will be saved.  I have a dream that one day, he will lift up his voice and proclaim the gospel of Christ.  I have a dream that one day my eyes will Jesus.  I have a dream that one day I will be before my King, my Lord and my God.  I have a dream.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment