Sunday, May 12, 2019

Already Factor

I was so blessed in church when visiting Pastor Uncle Youdi brought the word. It was a good word. The kind that stays long after we have said Amen. He read from Isaiah 65:24 before heading into the story of Ruth and Naomi.

“Before they call I will answer; and while they are yet speaking I will hear”.

The already factor of God is at work in our lives. It is at work in my life. Before I call God answers. Do you answer before being called? Do you know ahead of time that you will be called? I don’t. Chances are neither do you. Chances are you are as unaware of what is yet to come as I am. While I take no comfort in this I am comforted in the Word.  Jesus answers before I call His name. He hears me while I am yet speaking.

Naomi experienced the Already Factor of God. Her husband and sons were dead. Life was bitter. It was hard. It was sorrowful. It seemed that good was no longer possible. Yet God already had a plan. God already had an answer. God already heard her cries before she knew He knew.

The end of her story was so much better than her starting point. This can be my story and yours as well. We can trust in God with all our hearts not leaning on our own understanding. We can acknowledge Him in all our ways. We can be confident in Him. He is our Already Factor!

No comments:

Post a Comment