Tuesday, May 3, 2011

For my sisters - all of you

Reflections of you…


Should I allow you
To see in the innermost Depths of me
To lay exposed
My reflections of you

You are one-third of my dimension
The hope to my faith and charity
You are a strand of cord
Intertwined with mine
An ingredient of
A fortified trinity

You are more than a sister
You are more than a friend
You are my darling more than I deserve

And so, yes, I am glad
Jubilant and ecstatic
For by God’s perfect will
You are my gift in this life

Should I continue?
Will it make you wonder?
How I have hidden it all so well?

Be no longer pensive
For as certain as faith
You are my moon
That soft light that I cant live without

This is the choice
That I have made
To borrow this one line
So that you may know
“I carry you; I carry you in my heart”

No comments:

Post a Comment