Sunday, May 22, 2011

Victory is sweet!

This weekend has closed the chapter for some of the teens in Eastern Canada's Church of God body.  I have seen talented teens get up before their peers and others to showcase all their gifts and talents.  Magnificient!  I have had an enjoyable time of it and despite the tiring schedule it demanded, I regret nothing.  I saw where sweat, tears and good old fashion hard work paid off. I looked at young people that i taught in girls club, transformed into these talented grown teens. I felt old, for a little while. But for the most part i felt so proud.  My part in their lives was years ago, and so small.  Yet to see them now I could only thank God that I was allowed to have even the tiniest bit of influence over them. I am glad that i was able to tell them that God loved them. I am glad i was able to say Jesus is the unltimate victory!  For some of them this weekend, i reminded them of this fact. To those i knew and to those i just met.  It matters not that a trophy is added to a shelf to gather dust. It matters that we all of us, use our talents to bring glory and honour to God. It matters that we see the BIGGER picture - His picture.  It matters that we do not sit on the gifts and talents we have been blessed with but to use them to enhance and grow His Kingdom.

I loved to see these young people.  I shed tears of joy for every one of them....What a rich and wonderful heritage!
Young people having fun and being active Stock Photo - 723122

No comments:

Post a Comment