Monday, July 18, 2011

There are Giants in the land

I had the wonderful opportunity to do praise and worhip at The Word Inc Church.  While there, Pastor Lewis preached/taught his lesson titled Giant Killers.  He spoke about David and Goliath.  He named each of the stones: past, prayer, priority, passion and persisitence.  As i left there I was encouraged in my spirit and determined to kill the giants in my land.  He said to us dont negotiatie with them; dont make friends; dont live with them; KILL THEM!

So I jumped into my KIA and was singing my way home.  My mind went through the message and also flash forward to the chicken dinner waiting for me.  Lord knows.  But it was not to be had as all was not well.  My car stopped working.  I know now that it the timing belt broke, but last night I had no clue.  I was able to manuver the car to the safety of the right lane.  Can I tell you, that this was one of my fears?  My car breaking down with me on the street.  Panic street is where i thought I would be.  But, God was with me, as He is always is and I just thought GIANTS in the Land.  But I am a GIANT KILLER and i have the tools.

My sister was near by and was able to use her CAA which reduced the towing cost.  No problem. God is able to do the impossible. 

Today, I faced another challenge.  I was in tears after multiple texts messages that fed me with thoughts that were negative.  In my mind I could hear the "get out of this environment".  Giants always taunt you. They mock you and bring you down. But God! 

I love those two words. I really do.

So i swallowed the tears that were choking me today. I swallowed the emotions.  I closed my ears and eyes to all things I heard and saw.  I meditated on the word...I focused on what was good, what was pure. I reflected on the stones I picked up last night.

So I focused on the triumphs of the past; the things that God delievered me from.  I prayed in my heart and from my lips.  I declared like David that no uncircumcised Philistine is going to come up against me...a child of God! I knew that I had to be passionate about boasting on God.  He can do it. He says he will do it.  His promises are yes and Amen!  I had to re-prioritze (is that a word?).  I had to understand that the time frame is God's but  I have to be persisitent.

Giants in the land.  GIANTS in my LAND.  I am in a state of HOLY indignation!!! How dare they? 
I am making a declaration right now, to you and to me - NO WEAPONS FORMED AGAINST ME SHALL EVER PROSPER.  EVERY TONGUE THAT RISES UP AGAINST ME IS CONDEMNED. THIS IS MY HERITAGE IN THE LORD JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment