Saturday, August 6, 2011

INTERNATIONAL TEEN TALENT

This is my very first time in Cleveland TN. USA.  I must say it has been an experience. Just to say that the people I have met are all so very nice to me.  I was not sure of the reception I would receive, but was pleased.  I  am here with the Abundant Life COG youth drama team that my son and sisters are all apart of.  Without bias, i can say that the team presented very well.  I am not sure of the final outcome, but they have already won for me.  They gave their all on Friday morning.  No holding back.

I have seen so many talented teens; creativity; excellent performances without a question.  But they were few who really ministered.  Some were well rehearsed, but they lacked heart.  There was no passion, despite great skills.  Oh how i wish that all would have been focused on Christ.

Somewhere along the way, our focus becomes centered on a miniature trophy and a few minutes of applause and gaiety.  Somewhere we forgot the message of this Jesus we claim to be followers of and have sidestepped His purpose for our own.

Jesus help us...we walk in flesh and not spirit.

I do not intend to cast a shadow over this at all.  I think the idea is a great one. I believe that this will allow our young people to find talents they never knew existed; to explore possibilities beyond the scope of their own thinking; to tap into the promises and purpose that to them is God given; to use their talents for His glory.  Yes, I am a supporter of show casing our teens, celebrating their accomplishments and rewarding them for hard work.

But somehow, we need to find the balance, where it is the perfect waltz of worshiping God, telling His son's gospel in varied forms, simultaneously giving to Caesar what is due to him. What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment