Saturday, February 25, 2012

Waiting

If you are like me you are not particularly fond of waiting on anything.  You dont like long queues, long lines of cars before you anywhere, a microwave that makes 2 mins seem like 3...you just generally hate waiting.  Well, this month I have been waiting on God for somethings.  This morning in particular I asked Him "When God?  How much longer do I have to wait to see the results of what i already know He has done for me?"

Do you know what the answer was?  I bet you already do.  Wait and again I say Wait upon the Lord.  Well did I feel good about that answer? No.  I didnt.  So as if to reinforce that word to me, I found the verse (and I was not looking for it) in Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not faint".

Sometimes I feel so weak.  I feel that my strength has been zapped totally from me.  I feel like I cant go another step much less run and walk.  Yet. here is the word that says that I shall be strenthened, I shall mount up, I shall run and I shall walk...in my waiting.  So what does all this mean? For me it says, that in my waiting I am not sitting down collapsed, but I keep doing all that God tells me to do. IN my comtinued service, I wait for Him. He will not disappoint me. They that hope in God shall never be disappointed. So I am not a fan of waiting but I understand that God knows best.

So in the words of the song by John Waller:
While I am waiting I will serve you
While I am waiting I will worship
While I am waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race even while I wait

No comments:

Post a Comment