Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Your Life is Worth Living


There is a song that came to mind this morning.  It talks about a relationship that is broken between a man and a woman. In it the woman says “I can’t live, if living is without you.  I can’t live, I can’t live anymore.”  The lyrics caused me to think about all those people that are not having a Merry Christmas.  I thought about how there are so many that are saddened by the season, about how many actually feel alone, about how some are depressed, about how for others there is a sense of hopelessness and despair.  I thought of the many that are cloaked in darkness, lied to by the enemy of God and man and fed thoughts of death. I can’t live anymore. 

 

I thought about you.

 

Just when I would have despaired myself, God replaced one song for another.  This song speaks of a truth that made me weep with joy.  This song was about hope. This song was about life.  This songs says that “Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all my fears are gone.  Because I know who holds the future. My life is worth living, just because He lives.”

 

You may not be in the best place right now. Life is not easy nor is it smooth, but be encouraged today. Why? The One who knows about your tomorrow is holding your hand.  Your circumstances may not magically change but trust me God is not leaving you alone.  He wants to bring you His message of hope, not just for today, but for the future.  You are worth it to Him.  Your life is worth living.  Live in His Light my friend for Lo, He is with you.  Live and move in Him.

 

Acts 17:24 -29The Message (MSG)

24-29 “The God who made the world and everything in it, this Master of sky and land, doesn’t live in custom-made shrines or need the human race to run errands for him, as if he couldn’t take care of himself. He makes the creatures; the creatures don’t make him. Starting from scratch, he made the entire human race and made the earth hospitable, with plenty of time and space for living so we could seek after God, and not just grope around in the dark but actually find him. He doesn’t play hide-and-seek with us. He’s not remote; he’s near. We live and move in him, can’t get away from him! One of your poets said it well: ‘We’re the God-created.’ Well, if we are the God-created, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to think we could hire a sculptor to chisel a god out of stone for us, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment