Monday, June 19, 2017

There is therefore now no condemnation...

I wonder if Paul knew the torment of guilt when he penned this verse in Romans  8. I can tell you this much, over the last two days it has been a constant reinforcement to my guilt ridden soul.

I did what I was not to do and it weighed upon me like a ton of bricks. I felt certain David understood as he confessed to God his sins. Oh God, my sins are ever before me. It's like the unwanted commercial break you can't fast forward or delete. I wonder to myself how did I get here?

Charles Stanley would say that I allowed myself to be drifted away. Somehow my focus  was less on God and more on me. Less word, less prayer and the recipe for disaster was quickly made.

So here I am, repented but fighting against the lies that says I am not forgiven. I know THIS is not just my struggle. I know you have been there and may even be there now. So what do we do?

The truth dispels the lies. ..there really is no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus. He really is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and to cleanse us from all our unrighteousness. That is the truth and he will not take it back.  So despite how we feel, good or bad, we who believe in Him must believe His word. It is the key to our freedom. We are forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment