Monday, December 25, 2017

He Knows

On Christmas morning I decided that I needed to meet with the King of Kings.  I was so caught up in the doing of things that I neglected to give Him the time He deserved in my day.  It was odd to celebrate Jesus' birth without even acknowledging the guest of honour - Him! Thank God that I was prodded and prompted by Holy Spirit who allowed me to see more in God's word. 

I really wasn't looking for this word in particular, thinking it would be nice to re-read the account from the gospel of Mary being told she would have a child and the whole story surrounding that event.  As I opened the bible to get there I saw highlighted the verses from Jeremiah 29:11

Image result for jeremiah 29:11
This verse is not unfamiliar.  I have read it several times and recently wrote a song to be an aide for teaching the kids bible verses for life.  Yet today the words "For I KNOW..." resonated within me.  I saw the words as if for the first time and I really understood at that moment that God was saying that He knows.

He knows everything and that concept remained aloof to my consciousness for a while.  I realized in the moment of Holy Spirit truth lesson that He really does know.  This is not something He was saying to the people to get to fill up space but it was absolute truth, hard facts and an unchanging edict. God knows all about our struggles, our hearts are exposed before Him. He knows the path that we take.  He knows everything. 

I began humming as I pondered the words the lyrics to "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" The writer says:

He Knows when you are sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows when you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake
(Don't quote me on the accuracy of these lyrics)

God is not Santa Claus and Santa Claus is not God.  The truth is Santa doesn't know any of that stuff. He is just as clueless as you and I.  However, God, who stands at the beginning and the end knows it all. Friends may this revelation of mine be yours today  - He knows.

Image source:
(https://www.google.ca/search?q=jeremiah+29:11&safe=active&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUy-T6iafYAhVBRN8KHTnuAvAQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=651#imgrc=fqd1AVXlkCrPaM:)

No comments:

Post a Comment