Sunday, March 18, 2018

No Longer Bound

I don't know if I ever said this on this platform but here goes in the spirit of Freedom and Celebrating women. A few years ago, well maybe more than a few, I was the victim of unwanted sexual attention.    Now this was so long ago I don’t even remember the details. Well not true. I have chosen not to remember...not to dwell on a past that is already spent.

Why? Because I am no longer bound. I am free. That man is not allowed to be my focus and guess what I don’t hate him. I forgave him the moment I stopped crying. I am not bound by unforgiveness.  I am free.

My mom revealed to me that as a child she was  molested by a man she knew. She told me that this memory was repressed for decades. It came back to her after a dream where a spirit of Satan to bound her hands and silence her mouth. However I reminded her that who the Son sets free is free indeed. She is no longer bound. She is free.

I want to tell you woman or man that you are free. I don’t care what happened yesterday. Today stand in the liberty where with Christ has set you free and be not entangled in the yoke of bondage. You my love are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment