Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Drink Offering

Philippians 2:17

New King James Version (NKJV)
17 Yes, and if I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.

From the first time that I saw this verse I have zoomed in on Paul’s description of himself as a drink offering.  I imagine a glass filled with liquid, being emptied of its contents, to the last drop.  I imagine it being replenished and poured out again and again.  I believe he held nothing back of himself or possessions, giving everything for the glory or God.

From time to time it comes to mind challenging me to be the same.  It occurs to me that every thing that I am and possess is for Christ to use. I am his hands and feet and mouth. His love inside of me is for all whom I will meet, have met and will meet again.  My service to Him is to be like that offering, poured out for him for the purpose of everyone.

Believe me when I say I am not at all perfect.  But I still want to be that drink offering for Christ. I want my life to be lived for him. I want the rivers of living waters inside of me to flow out, and impact the lives of those around me.

It is my prayer right now that as you read this, that you will be inspired likewise by God’s spirit.  I pray that you too will begin to offer yourself, all of you, good and bad to be an offering for God; an offering that is not compelled but a voluntary gift of yourself.

When you measure yourself, you may find that you are lacking. Rightly so, aren’t we all?  But God can use you because his perfect love covers you.

No comments:

Post a Comment