Monday, January 2, 2012

Dancing with Jesus

It was the beginning of a new year. January 1, 2012 and there I was in the middle of my room dancing to the sounds of Marvin Sapp chrooning from my cd player.  I lifted my hands above my head and became overwhelmed by the wonder of it all.  I could do this,  I could dance! Dont get me wrong, I am by no means a professional dancer.  I cant even say that I know how to do anything great, but before God yesterday I was in my element.  I can't imagine not being able to do this, and yet I knew that there are some who could not.  My sister for one, my cousin another.  Right now my sister is still recovering from a back injury.  My cousin is dealing with MS and is not able to move around as he would like.  So as i thought on these things I could feel the tears streaming down my face.  I can dance before Jesus.  I can raise my hands and sway around in praises to Him. I did it for me and for all those whom I Loved that were unable to do this. 
But soon it became too much for me and I felt compelled to fall before Him.  His glory filled my room and I fell to my knees.  My dance had ended, and I sobbed before Him.  Oh God, I was so grateful to be there, to have His audience.  I was overwhelmed by it all.  That feeling engulfed me and I doubt that I said anything intelligent.  I dont think it mattered what I said.  What mattered was that He was there and I was there.  I could not think of another way to celebrate the beginning of a new year.  I know, to some it sounds idiotic.  I was alone physically and I had no substance to "add" or enhance the merriment.  But I was thrilled and for me this memory will last a life time and beyond.  I danced before my King. Whatever could be better?

1 comment:

  1. How true, we sometimes forget the "seemingly simple" blessings God bestows on us each and everyday.

    ReplyDelete