Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Be Bold and Be Strong

I have had the pleasure of baby sitting my gran niece this weekend.

Let me say that I take my hats to parents of young babies every where. This little girl girl would not go to bed! I walked around with blood shot eyes, and a prayer close to my lips.  However, this is not to complain about any of it. In a heart beat I would have done this all over again, with pleasure.

What I did note and want to share is how quickly she learnt things. She is 6 months old and already able to communicate exactly what she wants.  She makes "grunts", for lack of a better word, to express who she wants to be held by and where she wants that person to take her. I watched her maneuver her way from my sister's arms to those of a stranger so she could get to the other side of the room where a fascinating fish tank awaited her attention.

Without a thought to the danger, she saw her goal and went for it. Mind you, we knew everyone there, but this was her first time seeing all of these people.  But she was bold.  She knew we were with her. She was not afraid.

Can you already see where I am going?  To be honest, I didn't see this coming when I began writing this piece.  So the lesson is not just for you, but for me as well.  We can all be like Kiara.  We know that God is with us and like wise we do not have to cower in fear. We can be bold and be strong, because He is with us.  Remember how he told that to Joshua? (See Below for excerpt from Joshua 1).    He said it more than once and her it is, a repeated message to you and I.  Be bold and be strong. Be of good courage. Don't forget that I the Lord is with you. 

Courage does not mean your heart won't beat rapidly, and your palms won't sweat, and your knees won't shake. It doesn't mean you won't feel fearful.  It simply means that you go forward anyway, knowing that God is with you! 

Joshua 1

New International Version (NIV)

Joshua Installed as Leader

6 Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment