Thursday, January 17, 2013

This is the year of Favour!

On New Year's day my friend sent me a text that I had to save for days to come.  It began immediately with "Fear Not for I am with you."  There was no explanation of the text, other than to say Thus Saith the Lord...

A word that told me that this is the year of favour and don't worry, he will be my strength.  At that time, I never imagined that this day would come....make that weekend.  My son, who had been enrolled in a high school in the USA was denied entry.  I dropped him off at the airport, and saw him to the customs line.  I waited until I was not able to see him any more, but with a feeling in my being that something was up.  I carried that feeling home with me, even my cousin commented on it and laughed. But I knew this time was going to be different.  So I was somewhat prepared to hear the phone call  - Mom, pick me up please.

May I tell you that my reaction was less than good?  I ended up having to apologize for my behaviour towards my son, and to God. It didn't seem like the favour I had been expecting this year at all.  To me it felt like things were unravelling; my emotions prevented me from hearing and seeing little other than the immediate problem.  Thank God for His patience and His mercy and His unfailing love and grace.  I didn't stay blinded and deaf for very long.

He sent his word to me, not once, or twice but three times!  He wanted me to look up at Him. He wanted me to trust Him to work things out.  He wanted me to not fall apart, just because the winds had intensified and the waters were rising.  He wanted me to see beyond all of that and look to Him, who is able to calm the winds and the waves and to part the waters if needed.  He wanted me to get out of fear and into faith. He wanted me to walk in what He told me, and not what I saw, and not what I felt.

So again, that text message that was sent ahead of time beckoned me to have another look.  Fear not for I am with you!

I want to encourage you as well. I am not sure how 2013 started for you, or how it is shaping up, but I want you to walk in the knowledge that God is with you.  It doesn't mean all will be easy, and your life will be without problems or pain.  Remember Joseph, son of Jacob, he was sold, lied on and imprisoned, yet God was with Him.  In the end he became the 2nd most powerful man in all of Egypt, the King being first.  (Read Genesis 38 - 41 for story on Joseph).  God's presence and favour was with him. 

His presence and favour is also with you.  So be encouraged, and lift up your eyes to Him.  Don't be afraid and don't worry.  This is the year of favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment