Wednesday, October 16, 2013

For God So Loved The World...


Saturday a friend of mine said this to me “I have never seen a black girl love a white man as much as you do. Black men must have hurt you really badly. What happened?”  I responded as such, “I love black men. My son is a black man.  I do not have a racial preference either way.”

He remained unconvinced and I didn’t feel the need to proof what I knew in my heart to be true.  It’s like my 12y/o nephew and I were talking en route to church the day before.  He said to me “My mom would have a problem if I dated a white girl. But I try to tell her that I don’t see colour.”

Today in our society, it would look like we have progressed and moved past the racial “thing”, but in every home I believe the ugliness of racial prejudices still exists.  It hides itself behind smiles and politeness, but it has not been erased from our society.  In fact I believe that we have to remind ourselves that Jesus loves us all so we don’t fall into the trap of racial discrimination.

I told my nephew that he should consider how Jesus loved.  Did he love all, die for all, rose for all, and will come again for all?  Did he not send preachers to the Gentiles as well as the Chosen Jews?  Does the bible say For God so loved the whites, or the blacks, or the Asians, or the Africans, or did it say the world?

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

 

I see colour.  I see the differences between me and someone of a different skin colour, cultural background, accent and even morals. I see it because I am not blind (although at times I wish I were in this respect).  I see these differences that set each of us apart, and yet amazingly bring us all together.  It is like looking at the colours on one tree in the fall season. That tree has greens, reds, oranges, browns, yellows, blacks and maybe even some white spots.  The multiplication of colours is what makes it beautiful to me. 
Fall (taken from internet)
 
 I imagine that this is what God intended when He made us all different. Perhaps when he looks down upon us, he sees the beauty of our differences just as I see the beauty in that tree.  I hope you are reminded of the wonderful, unfailing, all inclusive love of our Heavenly Father as you enjoy the fall season.



United (taken from internet)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment