Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Amazing Grace

Did you ever realize that the apostle Paul in all his letters to the church began with grace and peace?  He spoke it over their lives and after hearing it preached I am really intrigued.  The pastor said he not only said grace and peace but he told them from who it came.  May grace and peace be with you from God the Father and Jesus the Son.  No one else gives us this kind of grace or this kind of peace.  Only God. Only Jesus.

I can't imagine my life without God's grace.  I mean really, where would I be? Who would I be?  Oh God, thank you for grace.  Now, perhaps you are perplexed as to why I am so overcome with gratitude.  Maybe your life was not like mine. 

You see I know who I was and who I struggle not to be sometimes today.  Grace has been the Avenue for forgiveness of my  many, many sins (double word intended).  I love what Justin Holcomb wrote "Grace is the love of God shown to the unlovely; the peace of God given to the restless; the unmerited favor of God.

That was me, unlovely and restless.  I was deserving of the judgment and penalty of sin but grace.  God's grace.  God's amazing grace.  Oh, I could sing that hymn with lungs bursting. 

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. 
I once was lost, but now I am found.
I was blind but now I see.

Praise God for His amazing grace!


No comments:

Post a Comment