Sunday, February 10, 2019

Help

I live in Canada. I live in a place where it gets cold in the winter months and so it is not unusual to see cars not working or be caught behind one that didn’t make it off the road way. On one morning, the traffic was stalled because of such an occurrence. A car was not working. Everyone was pulling out from behind it to zoom past as this man with the help of another man tried to push it into a gas station.

I was able to pass it and before I got too far pulled into the gas station lot. I was dressed in my jean and boots so it wouldn’t hurt me to add some muscle to the effort. To say the guys were shocked to see me as their help is an understatement. Yet I was the one God sent. It was then another man stopped his car and jumped in. Between the three of us, we pushed the car off the road and up to a pump. His car really just needed some fuel to be alright again. The owner was over joyed and hugged all of us saying “I love Canada!”. To be honest right in that minute I loved it too. I loved the kindness of strangers in a land where cold sometimes is the temperature of the people around us.

However as I am telling this story it affirms something else. God sends us help in ways we do not often expect. He sends us help and sometimes we miss it. That guy did not expect a woman to stop and help him push a car. He didn’t think I was strong enough to do that. However even as the other guys patted me on the shoulder saying after “You are strong!” I realize how they wouldn’t know that to look at me prior.

I cry out to God for help and I wonder if I have not missed His hands  extended becaue I was too preoccupied looking at the package it came in. I have said to God my expectation is from You however I trip over my own expectations of things. So today I record thi for me. Today I am asking God to see His Help clearly so that I may accept it readily and quickly. He is my present help in times of trouble. I pray that for me and for you in Jesus name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment