Thursday, February 28, 2019

Enjoy the season you are in today - God has a purpose

I live in Canada, in case you wondered.  So we have been going through the season of winter.  I can also tell you that I am not a fan of this season.  I am not a lover of the snow or the cold or the cold or the cold.  I am sure you get the drift of what I am trying to say right now.  I don't like winter  - but I really am trying to be thankful for it.

I have been talking to God about it - telling Him that I don't often see what is happening behind the scenes of this seasons wintery winds and multiple precipitation.  We go from snowing to freezing rain to stormy wind blasts to snowing and frigid temperatures that literally bring tears to my eyes.  I have been trying to look beyond all this and be as excited as a skier on a cool slope.

God makes no mistakes.  He made this season for a reason and me whining and complaining will not make it disappear.  God, who made all things good, has declared that this season is good.  It is good and you know what?  I am not going to miss out on anything that God says is good.

So after the wintery storm we had recently, I took pictures.  I saw this beautiful picture of white snow and ice on the try. I saw the skies that displayed their best blue ever!  It was a sight for me that took my breath away in gasps.  Wow.  God is good.

I am still waiting for spring, and I can see that it is closer now than it was yesterday.  However, in the mean time I pray that my eyes will be open to the beauty and wonder of winter. 




No comments:

Post a Comment