Friday, March 8, 2019

I love you too God

I am sitting at my desk and just so aware of God's presence.  He is right here with me in my wilderness, in my desert.  He is here and I don't want to forget this moment of awareness.

I was listening to Beth Moore and she told us how God told her to stop say I love you, but to say I love you too God. Every time  we are moved to breathe those words out loud it isn't because we just felt it alone. He, God, has whispered those words of His love into our hearts.  I am tearing up because I know that this is true.

He is my lover. The lover of my soul. The lover who sees all of me and rejects me not. The lover that calls me by name to be with Him and to delight in Him. He is the lover that says I am precious to Him and lays down His life for me.  He is the lover that gives me my hearts desires and more. He is the lover that  never holds back every good and perfect gift from me.  He is the lover that sings new songs over me, dances and rejoices over me. He is my lover and I'm overwhelmed by a love that is so perfect and unfailing. 

Oh my soul, bless the Lord.  Oh soul, forget not all His benefits. Oh soul, magnify the Lord.

I can imagine that as these words exploded from the lips of the psalmists and virgin Mary that they might have experienced His love right before.  I love the Lord and I am never going back to the place when I didn't know nor want Him. I love Him more every day and yet I am aware that it is never enough.  Yet, He invites me to stay and be filled upon Him.

Lord how I love you. 

Lord I cannot imagine how I went the yesterdays of my life without you.

No.  He was always there - wooing me to Himself. Drawing me out.  Calling me to what I didn't know at the time was the best thing of my life. 
So Lord, again I feel the words coming out of my soul - "I Love You Too God."

No comments:

Post a Comment