Thursday, March 10, 2011

Give it with love, store it above.

One plus one equals three? Little plus giving equals more?

I have come to realize that the mathematics of God does not add up.  When I say this, I do so with the greatest reverence and full acceptance of His wisdom. Indeed it is written:

Romans 11:33-36 (New King James Version)

33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
      
34 “ For who has known the mind of the LORD?
      Or who has become His counselor?”
[a]
      
35 “ Or who has first given to Him
      And it shall be repaid to him?”
[b]
36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

I asked God to show me how to increase my wealth and he gave me a solution that left me shaking my head in wonder.  He said give more.  I said, Lord I don’t even have enough, but the answer remained unchanged: Give more. Increase my giving to the work of the Lord to gain more?  Somehow, I didn’t see how that was going to work.  But, as I know, I can only see right now, and am not the one who one who stands at the beginning and sees to the end, I trust in the one who does.  Give more.  Then I grumbled in my spirit…I confess I did.  The reminder was immediate; God delights in a cheerful giver.  Yes, that He does.

So I give myself away as one song writer wrote, so that I can be used.  I give of my finances, my time, my abilities and all that is the essence of me.  I give away me, so that in doing I gain Christ and all that He is.  Even now, I tear up because I feel so strongly impacted by this calling.  Give more says the Lord.  Give when it is a sacrifice to do it. Give when the gratitude and acknowledgement is absent. Give when you have nothing and when you have plenty. Give in and out of season – and in so doing, God who is a rewarder of them that diligently serve Him, will bless you.  

I wonder if this is just for me, or was it for me to tell you so that you could be inspired to give?  You will know within yourself what the answer to that question is…but be encouraged today and give with a willing heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment