Thursday, March 8, 2012

You are Beautiful and Spirit Filled

“You are Beautiful and Spirit Filled – you don’t need more than that”. 

These are the words my friend wrote to me today. I asked her to give me some of what she had to make men notice her and ask her out on dates. See, she had just received an invitation for a date by a 70y/o man and I was joking with her that she has them coming from all ages.  JHow cute.

Her response to me really touched me deeper than she realized that it would have, I imagine.  I know that God inspired her to say such a thing and it was like a balm to my soul.  It once again settled within me that uncertainty about my image and reinforced what I already know. I was made beautiful.

I was having one of those dreams where I manipulated all the players to do exactly as I wanted. You know the ones where your eyes are closed but you are wide awake? This happened just this morning so the details are still fresh.  I was to be married to a gorgeous Jesus Loving man of integrity and valor (even though I still couldn’t quite tell you what he looked like, but in my mind he was gorgeous to me).  And even in this wide awake dream I had a problem – my body. I was afraid that he would be turned off when he really got a chance to see me unclothed.  Now try as I might, I could not get myself to think about it any other way. I saw myself in counseling with my Pastor and even saw or sensed the hurt in my husband for thinking him so shallow.  So much for me controlling the script. 

So I spent very little time looking in the mirror as I got ready for work, having worked up myself to believing the lie that I had allowed to play out behind closed eyelids.  But isn’t it just like my Father to correct this right away?  You are beautiful and spirit filled.  Even as I say them to myself I can already feel the smile tugging at my lips. What was I thinking?  I’m shaking my head right now because in just a split moment I was heading towards my past.  That was the old way of thinking. Christ has made me new. Thank God for the words that healed my soul and made me whole!

No comments:

Post a Comment