Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I am fearfully and wonderfully made...I know that full well


My friend sent me a picture of herself today and her subject heading was “look at the size of me”.  I opened it up and I knew what I would see.  It was a picture of a woman that got caught at a bad angle, and yes was overweight.  It was a picture of what I sometimes look like if caught on camera.  My response to her was quick.  God had already prepped me for this conversation before I knew I would have it.

 

To her I said, “Yes, we have definitely been transformed.  Not to worry, we can fix ourselves right back up.  Do you feel sometimes that your former body has been eaten by this new one?  :-)  Yep I have been there. It is funny I should come in and see this as I had a "pep talk" with myself as I looked at the reflection today (it’s funny how that image never quite matches the way I see myself in my mind).  My pep talk was a verse that we all know; I am fearfully and wonderfully made. It is a truth that I keep close because I need to crush the lies often.  You know the one that says, girl you fat eeeh (yes, it knows how to speak to me in my dialect).  Or girl your hair look a mess.  Or girl your chin has hair and you are supposed to be girl!  Or girl your face full up a so much spot and wart eeeh.  Yes my friend, I know fully well what you are going through. 

 

But to God be the glory, we have so much more going on than the size of our clothes, or the smoothness of flawless skin, or the shine of our hair. We have life.  We have breath and a hope [in God] that does not disappoint.  We have the word in our hearts and a Father that hears us when we call.  We have the fear of the Lord and that is beauty to the Lord. Our hearts are soft towards others and it makes us even more attractive.  Yes, we are pushing the scale and for sure exercise will benefit our bodies, but in the mean time we will not be ashamed. [If we are ashamed then let us not be any more]. We will not hide because God says shine!

 

I love you. God loves you.

 

You are fearfully and wonderfully made in God's image!

 

Here are some verses that you can keep as ammunition against the lies of our enemy:

 

·        Psalm 139:14

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

 

·        Proverbs 31:30

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

 

·        1 Peter 3:3-4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment…it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

 

·        1 Timothy 4:8

Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important, for it promises a reward in both this life and the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment