Monday, June 8, 2015

Can we all just get along?

Yesterday was one of "those" days.  You know the challenging ones, the hard ones, the never ending ones. Yes. Just like that.  I went to work feeling pretty good in a new dress.  Great start to any day. The work piled high on  my desk.  The emails kept coming. Still I pressed on.
I then got a meeting request from the president of the company. Apparently he had to fix the division that existed between my department and another.  I was unaware of an issue. Then I got a text from a sister who was offended and hurt by what she presumed I was doing to her.  My musician cancelled on me and I now have no replacement.  Then I came home to the continued cold shoulder and upset of my family member who still held me in contempt from May. It was one of those days indeed.  I'm pretty sure you can relate.  We have all had them.
I asked God out loud for a word.  In expectation I picked up my bible app and continued to read from where I left off. I laughed out loud because the verse was an answer to my situation. I knew without a doubt that God was speaking loud and clear.

It says in Psalm 133:1-3 MSG

How wonderful, how beautiful, when brothers and sisters get along! It’s like costly anointing oil flowing down head and beard, Flowing down Aaron’s beard, flowing down the collar of his priestly robes. It’s like the dew on Mount Hermon flowing down the slopes of Zion. Yes, that’s where God commands the blessing, ordains eternal life.

God was not off target but hit the bulls eye of my situation.  He didn't address what anyone else was doing or might do. In fact he was telling me that I am the one who needs to get along. In disunity I miss out on God's blessing.  I miss out on the sweetness of life. I miss out on what God wants to do in my life.

Hey now. Don't think you are not in this too.  Let's all get along. Let us forgive and remove offenses from our hearts.  Let's trade ugly for beautiful.

1 comment: