Tuesday, October 23, 2018

In all things I Thank, Love and Honor You God


I have a new sense of compassion to my sisters with the issue of blood.  I have what others may consider a normal period.  The usual 5 days of going through the process, pain change heavy light fade end.  Pretty routine. After decades of the same thing I pretty much got it down to a science.  The days of having accidents as we call them were over for me.  I am well past my thirties (unbelievable) and so those days of teenage mishaps were over.

Well, not today.  I am at the end of what I felt ( still do to be honest0, was a very productive day.  I got some things checked of my running to do list and the high exhilarating.  I stood in preparation to get ready to exit the building.  Walked from my office to the hall and felt something running down my stocking clad legs.  Looking down in complete shock I saw that blood was dripping down unto my shoes and unto the hallway carpet!!!!

Aghast I tried to walk as carefully as I could manage without any more spills on a carpet that I can’t clean.  Oh the horror to discover I was a mess and nothing to change into.  Still I reasoned it could be worse.  This could have happened when most of the staff was still present as opposed to the end of the day when near everyone was gone.

I re-entered my office armed with paper towels and a garbage bag. What I found was large stains of crimson decorating my carpeted office floor.  I didn’t even know when that happened. I didn’t feel anything when I stood and yet the signs showed that I had a very large mishap.

I say all of this to say that in spite of this rather embarrassing situation I am determined to see the good in the bad.  I am determined to thank, love and honor God even when the circumstances are demanding I do differently. 

So, thank you God for covering my shame. This still points me to your provision for me.  Lord you provided seemingly out of nowhere a real cloth in my desk drawer (the paper towel was in shreds) that I happened to have, and a bottle of cleaner that I also happened to have handy in my office. I love you for loving me and I honor you in all things.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Lando that must have been very embarrassing let along scary. Glad things worked out in the end and like you said thank goodness it happened after hours.

    ReplyDelete