Monday, November 5, 2018

Her Blessing Is NOT Your Blessing

So the other day I was listening to a friend of mine tell us of how she was blessed to have been able to get some free paint.  She went to buy paint and by some mishap from the store they got a $45 can of paint for free.  As the words came out of her mouth I heard my thoughts think I want that too.  I want her blessing.  As quickly as that formed in my mind I was rebutted by the Spirit of Truth.  Her blessing is not your blessing. 

Even as I sit to type this post I am reminded that I cannot be envious or desiring of  her blessing that made her rich in the moment and added no sorrow.  I have not walked in her precious shoes.  What you may want to know is that this friend has been walking through long suffering for over two years.  She has been out of work for two years plus with a medical condition that has changed her life completely.  She has been battling through with the insurance company, that refuses to pay her anything. She has had to endure embarrassment and great hardship. She has had a cross to bear that pains me to even remember.  So the questions arises, am I willing to walk through her pain in order to receive her gain?  No.  I am not.

It is easy for us to sit and want the good from someone's life. We even think we deserve it. Yet, we don't see the whole story.  We don't see the aches and pain. We don't see the tears or scars.  We don't know how they suffered all we see is the glory - the evidence of God - in their lives.

I am reminded that what God has given to me is for me; the blessings and the pain are mine when He says and how He determines. I need not look on the other side of the fence.  The grass is not always greener and even if it is - that is not my portion but theirs.  Let me be content in what I have been given...Father knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment