Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reflection - A Monologue by L Davis

Setting: A teenage girls bedroom, with a long full length mirror. Very early in the morning, quiet background.
Characters: Two girls that don’t look too different, both are wearing the same pyjamas just wearing them slightly different.
1: Christian Reflection    2: Feared Reflection
  Both: AHHHH
1: Why does this dream keep following me, I can’t seem to understand. I just gave my life to Jesus and I know I’ve made the right choice, but every night as I go to sleep I have this dream, this dream of who I used to be, of who I hated to be, of who took over who God wanted  me to be. Am I making wrong choices, am I not doing the right things? I feel like being a Christian is not who I’m set out to be, where do I draw the line, how do I erase my past. This dream makes me wonder, it really make me think.    Am I still making mistakes, Am I really who I say I am?
(Looks in the mirror at her reflection)
1: You see this is whose in my dream that girl I see right there, that girl who is hurt and filled with lots of fear. She hates herself, she hates her life she always wants lots more. So she changes who she is to be someone else. She wants to be like everyone she wants to always be seen, so she walks down the school halls ways and always has a smile, but little do they all know she is really in denial. She dresses to show her body, she dresses to show them all; all those who say they love her but don’t care about her at all. She tells herself she’s happy and talks to all those who do the same, and ignores all the people she knows will bring her nothing but shame.
2: I’m your reflection, I know you can’t be talking about me, my life is perfect my life is who YOU need to be. Stop listening to these Christians, stop letting them ruin your life why would you want to live like that,  that’s not much of a life. Your reflections lives HER OWN life, your reflection knows the truth. If God really loved you then why do you still hurt?  He brings confusion, he allows you to still fight, if God is so perfect them why is the world the way it is? This is your life now, there’s NO turning back, God doesn’t want you, your life is under attack. You’ve sinned, you’ve went against his “word” but who cares now you’re as free as a bird. No one around to judge you or tell you what to do, this is the life to live, this is you.
1: But what about...
2: What about nothing, now you can have fun.
1: How can this be fun? If I don’t feel it is right?
2: Don’t you worry reflection this is how it starts, you got to be a little scared that’s what life is about.
1: But God tells us to be fearless.
2: Ah don’t listen to what God said, God is trying to hurt you and then just send you to hell.
1: But God says he loves us and wants us to be with him.
2: So then why do you feel like this, why can you still see me?
1: (Silence)
2: Because trust me reflection I am who you’re supposed to be.
1: Maybe you’re right maybe I can never erase my past.
2: Sorry reflection but hell is where you belong at last. But hey don’t let it bother you don’t let it sound bad, think about all the friends that will join you , just let heaven pass. I am who you need to be I am the only one, I am what really loves you, I am what always wins. Forget about your baptism you know it was all a joke, start living the fast life take off that holy cloke. You can go to parties, you can be with the crew, forget about this “Jesus” if he is even really true. You can never be “born again” come on use scientific facts, once you’ve sinned that is, you can never go back.
1:  I thought I was suppose to live for Jesus I thought my pastor was right.
2: Ah would you stop already, and listen to what I say. This Christian life is dangerous, its makes you feel bad inside.
1: But I know Jesus loves me this just can’t be right.
2: IF YOU MENTION THIS JESUS AGAIN WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO FIGHT! HE IS NOT REAL REFLECTION AND IM NOT TELLING YOU AGAIN, WE WILL ALL CELEBRATE IN HELL WHEN WE DIE IN THE END! STOP LIVING A DREAM, STOP LIVING A LIE! BE YOURSELF REFLECTION BECAUSE YOU ARE ME!
1: No. I was you.
2: You were me? Have you forgotten about that night? When you lost everything, gave up everything , turned your back on “God,”  all in one night, one second, all done by one choice. Don’t act like you’re not me, like you’re any different, as if you are a good person. That was the worst thing you have ever done. Don’t try and pretend it’s forgotten, God will never forgive you for that, YOU SINNED REFLECTION! Your body is supposed to be a “temple” remember, suppose to be respected, protected, pure! THAT DOESN’T APPLY TO YOU NOW REFLECTION YOU’VE FAILED, YOU’VE SINNED, YOU TURNED YOUR BACK ON GOD! AND YOU WANTED TO, YOU WANTED TO REFLECTION!
1: You’re right, I did sin I was so ashamed, I felt like nothing.
2: You were nothing; because God made you feel that way he made you feel guilty. Why would you want to serve a God like this, who makes you feel guilt, who makes you feel bad? Turn your back on him like he has on you, if God loved you wouldn’t have felt the way you did. 
1: (silence)
(Circles her)
2: YOU CAN NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN REFLECTION! NEVER! (Echo)
1: NO! You need to leave reflection you have shown me the truth now you have shown me how powerful THE DEVIL can be! I REBUKE YOU REFELCTION IN THE NAME THE NAME OF JESUS! YOU WILL NO LONGER TAKE OVER MY LIFE; YOU WILL NO LONGR INVADE MY DREAMS, MY CHOICES, MY FAITH!
(Reflection two starts to back away, number 1 falls to her knees)
1: God I come before you now, I admit that I have been a sinner I got baptised and was unsure about my choice unsure about what it meant, I hadn’t forgiven myself for that night. I hadn’t forgiven myself for every mistake I’d ever made. I repent God and I will no longer allow my past what I believed was still me, what I believed would always be me destroy me. Joshua 1:5 says I will be with you, just as I was with Moses I will never leave you, I will never desert you, I am the lord your God I will be with you everywhere you go. I WILL NO LONGER TURN MY BACK ON YOU GOD, NO LONGER LET ME PAST BREAK ME, NO LONGER BE MY REFLECTION... I love you God but more importantly I know you love me. Thank you for those dreams God, because although they might have hurt me it gave me a chance to see you in a brighter light in the end.
(she stands up)
1: GOOD BYE REFLECTION I AM NO LONGER YOU, I REMOVE YOU FROM MY LIFE, I WILL NO LONGER LOOK AT YOU AND YOU WILL NO LONGER LOOK BACK AT ME. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU SHOWN ME TONIGHT BUT I WILL NO LONGER NEED YOU HERE, I BREAK YOU NOW AND REMOVE YOU FROM MY LIFE IN THE NAME OF JESUS!
(BIG BANG as she breaks the Mirror, Demons come dressed in black and remove the reflection from the scene)

No comments:

Post a Comment