Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Nicolas Plano Ristorante - Texas


I had the opportunity to go to an amazing Italian Resturant on my visit to Texas.  I must tell you that it was worth the money that my friend paid for the meal. I had a spicy tomato soup that boasted melted cheese at the surface, with a flat bread seasoned to perfection and accented by cheese (of course).  The main entree was something i still cant pronounce - but in English it was Salmon with a riscotto (not sure of spelling), asparagus and some sauce I cant remember. It was Perfect. 

I wish I could say that was how my night was, but sadly I would be lying.  The meal was everything I could have imagined, and yet the evening was not was perfect.  My cousin's girlfriend made her presence known all night.  Ironically she was not in attendance physically.  But somehow I think it would have been better had we just included her. She was mad because she felt hurt that she was not invited on our dinner trip.  I came all the way from Brampton Ontartio to Dallas Texas only to land in the middle of this.... Crazy right?  You dont even know the half.

But what it made me realize is that our past affects our present and our future.  I dont know what happened to this young lady.  I dont even pretend to understand anything that she has gone through.  I dont understand why my cousin stays with her.  Jesus complex?  (The concept or belief that he can change her by just being there with her - he can save her).  What I do know is that as adults we are just grown up children and at times we rival five year olds with our bad behaviour.

This experience for me has been revealing.  I feel somehow saddened by everything, yet I am hoping that it will be the straw that broke the camel's back and bring about a positive change. I am hoping and praying that God will intervene and rescue them both from what is just an unhealthy situation. I am doing my best to stay out of it and not add any more to the drama that is already more dramatic than soap opera.

This trip, so far has been tiring...emotionally tiring.  I want my cousin to be happy.  I want to scream at him and say OPEN your eyes. I want to...yeah I know.  I cant do anything other than pray.  That is it.  That is the best option and I intend to take it.  He is after all, my friend forever!  (A little bit of corny is good anytime).

No comments:

Post a Comment