Monday, October 3, 2011

LOVE

I am sitting here and the idea of love is permeating my thoughts.  That word has been used so casually I feel that over the years it has lost its meaning.  Whatever happened to the love that is patient and kind?  Now love is just the way some-one describes their feeling.  It is the word that is used in place of lust.  It is the euphoria from that sexual high, misplaced and totally abused.  Love. 

Kirk Franklin sang, Love, a word that comes and goes, though few people really know what it means to really Love somebody.

I agree, so few people know what it means to love.  I realize I am rambling, because in my mind I have a thousand thoughts.  I want to say much more than this but I cant right now.

But think about it, what does love mean anymore to you?  We have even changed the spelling to Luv ya, a sure sign of the devaluing of its relevance.  We as a people (so i dont excclude myself) have missed the point of God's intent.  Yes, i bring God into this because God is Love and if we have not God we have not love.  How can we say that we have this Love when we dont know the one who is the very essence of it?

Just think about it. This is to whet your appetite, and promote thinking.  Love....

No comments:

Post a Comment