Saturday, July 27, 2019

Then Sings My Soul

Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee.  How great thou art!


The lyrics of this song performed by Brooklyn Tabernacle is currently playing through my lap top speakers.  I am sitting in the back yard and enjoying the Saturday morning breeze with my grandmother.  It means something these words because I really believe that at times my soul does sing.  I came out and sat down and before I did anything I began a praise of words and heart to God.  Without intention I just began to thank God for His goodness and even more as I feasted my eyes on the blessings of having this home.  How great is my God towards me, I hardly deserves His kindness.  Yet, in spite of me, He doesn't withhold His good and perfect gift.




So I will lift my voice all the more and give Him praise for He is worthy of it all.
I bet if we were sitting before each other you would either roll your eyes or give me the smile with the tinged with sarcasm.  However I dare you to do more.  I challenge you to count your blessings, name them one by one and give Jesus all the praise.  Yes, we can find something to complain about in our everyday, but we can chose something different - we can chose Christ and be intentional to give Him praise.




We can echo the virgin mother of Christ as she sang my soul doth magnify the Lord....  It will be worth it in the end.





No comments:

Post a Comment