Monday, September 9, 2013

Pray, Believe and Receive!





I wanted to encourage each of you to stand strong in the Lord. I pray that he will strengthen you in your inner being by His spirit. I pray that you will grasp the full depth, width and height of His love for you!  I pray that you will understand the power that you have through Christ Jesus.

 
My pastor, Rev. Ron was talking about Spiritual Authority on Friday. He said "I took the Spiritual authority I had been given…" and that one sentence came to mind this morning. I was thinking about my situations/challenges and I got excited as I was reminded that I have the spiritual authority to crush the plans of the enemy. I marvelled again that our prayers avail much. Wow!

I can take authority over my home, over my life, over my circumstances.  Yes, things will happen. The bible did say that weapons will be formed, but they will not be able to prosper.  Often we stop there, without realizing that there is an action for us as well. Isaiah, a mouth piece of God said that "...you will be able to refute every tongue that accuses (rises up against) you...." (Isa 54:17)
 
Friends, you have the power to change things as a servant of the Lord.  God says he made everyone that wreaks havoc in our lives and he has given us the ability to crush their works.     

Friends let us not be shaken by our circumstances but let us endeavour to pray, believe and receive!

Isaiah 54

 15 If anyone does attack you, it will not be my doing;
whoever attacks you will surrender to you.
16 “See, it is I who created the blacksmith
who fans the coals into flame
and forges a weapon fit for its work.
And it is I who have created the destroyer to wreak havoc;
17 no weapon forged against you will prevail,
and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
and this is their vindication from me,”
declares the Lord.

Mark 11:22-24

New King James Version (NKJV)

22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

Matthew 16: 15 – 19

He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

No comments:

Post a Comment