Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Im Loosing Weight

Feb 13, 2008
Last night I stepped unto the scale and was mortified to see the numbers.  Digital in its make, I could not even adjust it to make it read what I wanted to see. Yet I felt so light and unencumbered.  I opened my journal and bible for the nights devotion and a thought struck me....I am loosing weight!  It made so much sense to me I became instantly overjoyed. 

It was not indeed the weight measured by pounds and ounces.  No, this was not quantifiable and measurable by our human scales.  Instead it was the weight of sin, of emotional baggage, of unfruitful relationships, of worries and cares, of distractions and confusing circumstances, of guilt and shame, of self imposed condemnation and isolation, of ungodly desires and actions, of unrighteous thoughts and conversations, of all things that kept me from running the race set before with endurance.

I was lighter than I have felt in a long time, and my vision now un obscured was able to focus on God - who gives me direction and absolute clarity.

I am loosing weight all thanks to the new diet and exercise regime I have been following for 2008.   It is simple but requires great discipline - reading the bible, praying, spending time with God.  Whew!  That is quite a work out - but one guaranteed to help you to:

Hebrews 12:1-3 "...lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. "

No comments:

Post a Comment