Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One Day In Love With God

One day in praise with God
My eyes risen to the heavens
My hands extended in praise
My mind filled with His righteousness
My lips declaring His goodness


One day while in devotion with God
My knees knelt in reverence
My head filled with His adoration
My heart filled with indescribable emotions

One day in conversation with God
My eyes slowly descended
My vision now re-focused
On the beauty now before me

One day while adoring
This new Adonis and perfection
It suddenly occurred to me
That my God had been shifted
Displaced and now Mistreated

In only but a second
My heart being so fickle
Had elevated another
As center of its being

Repentance followed slowly
Now true joy is my strength
Once again I am free to say
One day in love with God…

No comments:

Post a Comment