Thursday, August 2, 2012

Prayer

Before God – Prayer of a Saint

I sometimes wonder what you see in me.
What makes you stay with me
When all others have left me behind.
Sometimes I don’t know what things I think of –
Persistent and Strong
Confusing and wrong.

Lord, should it be always like this for me?
Struggling, unsure of exactly what I am doing?
I’m tired of what I’m feeling.
My past seems always in my present.
I know I’ve been forgiven.
Why do I act as if I’m beaten?

Father, your hands are what I need.
I’m falling won’t you rescue me?
Forgive me for my doubt.
I’m trying to exercise faith.
My words testify
But my mind remains unchanged

Father how I need you
To make it through the day
Lord Please don’t leave me
Help me find my way

Father I do love you
I hope that means a lot
For without you I am nothing
Please help me to be strong

In Jesus Name
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment